The Maddie Rose Campaign aims to inspire young people to discover the varied and rewarding careers available in the Supplier and Merchanting sector as well as the wider Construction and Built Environment Industry.
The Maddie Rose Campaign has been set up as a lasting legacy in celebration of the life of Maddie Rose, an inspirational young woman who was dedicated to showcasing the aspirational careers available in the sector she cared for so passionately.
With the generous and instrumental support of the Supplier and Merchanting sector, Construction Youth Trust are honoured to be part of the Maddie Rose campaign and support young people to access the incredible opportunities offered by the sector.
Hidden Careers in the Supplier and Merchanting Sector Programme
In partnership with Construction Youth Trust, the Supplier and Merchanting sector are coming together to develop and deliver a Hidden Careers Programme, aiming to create a blueprint that can be used to inspire and support young people to access opportunities across the sector.
To maximize the impact of the campaign in 2022, we plan to initially pilot the blueprint in the hub areas where Construction Youth Trust already have long-standing relationships with schools and colleges (London and North Kent).
Between Maddie’s birthday on 21st April and Maddie’s day on 22nd September, we are pledging to:
- Develop and pilot a Hidden Careers schools programme engaging 200+ pupils across 11 target pilot schools and colleges opening up the fantastic careers in the supplier and merchanting sector
- Offer meaningful work experience placements to 25+ young people interested in pursuing a career in the sector
- Highlight live apprenticeship opportunities to recruit at least 10 new apprentices into the supplier/merchanting sector
- Broaden engagement with sector organisations by publicising case studies, inspirational stories and campaign update
How to Get Involved
The Hidden Careers in the Supplier and Merchanting Sector Programme is currently taking place in schools and colleges in Lewisham, Southwark and Westminster.
You can support the programme in the following ways:
- Providing relatable industry role models to support school or college sessions
- Offering work experience placements exploring a range of career roles
- Sharing your apprenticeship or employment opportunities
If you would like more information or to offer your support please email email@example.com
Spreading the word!
Download The Maddie Rose Campaign Media Pack here!