Latest News and Events
- Nine students successfully complete a four week Budding Builders courseRead Story 25/11/2015
- Service Leavers join the latest BuildForce Live Chat and more BuildForce NewsRead Story 16/11/2015
- Last Chance to buy Tickets to our Christmas ConcertRead Story 15/11/2015
- Comedian Susan Calman will help young achievers celebrateRead Story 13/11/2015
- Construction Youth Trust forms strategic partnership with AmbitionRead Story 12/11/2015
- Budding Brunels visit Crossrail’s Acton Main Line during Tomorrow’s Engineers WeekRead Story 10/11/2015
- Final call for construction's Young AchieversRead Story 02/11/2015
- Butetown Mobile ClassroomRead Story 23/10/2015
Start your Career
Sanaa is an Architect at MAKE Architects in London.
What do you do on a day-to-day basis?
Some days I might be on site with builders inspecting their work, making physical or computer models, or being involved in workshops with other consultants.
What advice would you give to your 16 year old self?
Be curious! Ensure you do as much as you can to further your knowledge. Make sure you have work experience and ask lots of questions!
What made you enrol on the course with Construction Youth Trust?
At school I had focused on Business Management but I didn’t feel that it would lead to a clear career – I didn’t want to qualify and come out of university without a job or clear path
What attracted you to the course?
I thought I might like to try plumbing or engineering but the course gave a really good broad overview of the potential career opportunities in construction.